Find a Que joint.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sonny Bryan's - Love Field

0

I'm not sure where to start with this. Hmmm. I did not expect much to be honest and I quickly got a bad taste in my mouth without tasting a bite. I walked up to the meat cutter and asked for fatty brisket with bark. The answer I received...

"We only have fatty and lean brisket and this is our fatty." Huh?

Ok, lemme start again. I noticed the lean brisket off to the side having a bit of bark on it so I requested lean with crust. He then turned the crusted side away and begin to slice. You can see a tiny amount of crust but compared to the amount he could've cut...very stingy or just didn't know. Because of his earlier answer...I'm going to lean on the lack of knowledge.

I then asked how long have they been smoking and he mentioned they start the night before and bring them over in the morning to be finished up. You may be waiting a while for them to be "finished" as the brisket was tough, dry and lacked smoke. The sausage may as well have been from Hillshire Farm. Unfortunately they did not have ribs so I requested the smoked turkey and this was actually somewhat edible. Or maybe because the bar had been lowered so much that at this point...anything would taste promising.

Unfortunately, a poor representation of Texas BBQ for those unlucky patrons flying in and out from Love Field. Airport BBQ. As much of a debacle as buffet BBQ.


1 comment:

  1. That's too bad considering the good Texas BBQ that has historically been associated with the Sonny Bryan name.

    ReplyDelete